1. My sister in-law and brother in-law live in the same city I'm recieving my montessori training. I try to visit while I can, and this time they gave me a birthday present: handknit wristwarmers made by my sister in-law and a cute blouse they found at Plato's closet! I feel delightfully tickled with how well they seem to know my style. My birthday isn't even until Febuary. Hurray for early birthday presents!!
2. I finished reading Something Wicked This Way Comes (by Ray Bradbury, it was excellent!) and now I'm moving on to Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk. It's one of my New Years resolutions to read more. Go me!
3. My husband and I found these playaway audiobooks in the library, and I had the joy of listening to The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger on the car ride to and from my training. That's about six hours of listening, and it made the trip feel so much faster.
4. I'm currently listening to Gaby Moreno who popped up while I was listening to Pandora. She's a singer/song-writer, and I love how she sings in English and Spanish. Some of her songs have a wonderful vintage vibe to them, kind of in a 1920s kind of way.
5. Blancanieves from director Pablo Berger. It's a black and white, silent, fairytale film. Basically, if Snow White was born in Spain during the 20s.
6. Currently making: knitted experimental striped scarf. Knitting is my go-to craft and this is a scarf I've been working on now and then. I wanted to make it without a pattern and just knit whatever idea popped into my head. Thus, it's very ecclectic and has lots of textures, but I kept it uniform using the stripes and the same four colors. I'll be done soon and still have time to don it over the last remaining weeks of winter.